Friday, March 23, 2012

2012 CaRMS Second Round Interviews

Interviews are now underway.  Second round applicants who were selected for interviews should have been notified by now.  I look forward to getting to know you in person or through my fellow interviewers over these next few days.  I must take the time here to formally thank all of my fellow preceptors and administrative staff in Oshawa and Kingston who have assisted our site through this second round process.
For unsuccesful applicants, I offer my condolences.  There are so many very strong candidates, it's unfortunate there are not more spots available to offer.  The applications are reviewed in multiple steps by many Queen's Family Medicine faculty; it is definitely not a "one man" process.  However, from the files that I directly handled, it was often little things - not enough reference letters, small unexplained gaps during training or since completing training - that tripped up an application relative to the others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment