Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A New (blog) Beginning.

This is an attempt to try to help people who are interested in participating in the Queen's Family Medicine Oshawa-Lakeridge distributive site.  This program is scheduled to take its first batch of Family Medicine residents in July 2012 so we have a lot of work to do in 2011 in preparation.

I will provide a link to some of the background files that will come in handy for anybody who is interested in helping with the curriculum as well as the introductory presentation and concepts.  Hopefully, I will be able to set the blog up so that the other members of the Site Committee can add to it as well.

Later on, I will try to add some information to try to generate discussion about local learning experiences that we may be able to offer to the residents.  My e-mail address should appear somewhere on the blog and you can always add comments to any of the posts that we have.

Hopefully, people will find this method of communicating efficient, effective, and maybe even fun.

Let's give it a try.

4 comments:

  1. I have never blogged before!! Do you need a license or special equipment? Is there a competitive aspect so you can aim for some sort of prize? Are there risks? I guess I will just jump in with both feet.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not the person to ask. I think it is just going to be figuring out things as we go. This "Blogger" website is free through Google. Nothing except a gmail account required that I could tell. Did you have to do anything special to be able to make comments, Charlene?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to develop some sort of profile in order to comment. Was easy with my google account. Not sure how it will work with non mac users.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wei-Hsi and Charlene, regarding online expansion for residents to monitor competency and improve evaluations can we get access to the current resident online logbook? Have the online field notes started for current residents?

    ReplyDelete